Voyage

Summer at Universal Studios Japan with JTB Philippines

It’s summer now in Japan – it’s scorching hot but I feel lucky to escape rainy Manila just for a bit. Get updated on what’s new at one of the most amazing amusement parks in the world – Universal Studios Japan!

Since it’s summer break in Japan, long lines should be expected. For your convenience, book your tickets at JTB Philippines before going!

This day was actually jam-packed with activities, let me walk you through it. We had our wake up call at 7:00am  in the morning, breakfast at around 8:00am and was supposed to meet-up at the lobby by 9:00am. We stayed at RIHGA Royal Hotel in Osaka which is around 20-30 minutes away from Universal Studios Japan by car. A taxi fetched us from the hotel care of USJ’s marketing staff. At 10:00am, we’ve arrived! Of course, we said our introductions and off we go to the famous Universal Studios globe.

It was super hot and I left my sunnies! Thank you Jane of JTB for taking all my photos from this trip!  We were hurrying because we have to follow our schedule. By 10:20am, we have to be at the JAWS ride. We were not allowed to take photos (while were getting attacked by sharks haha) so I left my camera. But you’ve seen the JAWS movie, right?

Twinning is still on trend at USJ

Couple outfits too <3

Minion invasion!

10:50am:  The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man – The Ride 4K3D

Trivia: Before Harry Potter’s Forbidden Journey, this is USJ’s most top-rated ride.

Again, we were not allowed to shoot while on the ride aside from the ABS-CBN camera man, only to shoot their host’s reaction.

11:20 Lunch at Happiness Cafe

It was a little bit too early for lunch but we were melting because of the heat so we decided to go on schedule and take a break. We were also supposed to go to Harry Potter World by 12:20 but since it’s too hot, the marketing head decided to tweak the schedule and extend our break until 12:40.

Ba ba ba banana! We have the cutest lunch! Can you guess our next stop?

12:40 Minion Park

This is USJ’s newest attraction and the highlight of our trip! I was actually at USJ last January (winter) and this area isn’t Minion Park yet.

1:00pm Minion Popcorn Bucket (summer version)

They made us try their newest popcorn flavour: Banana-flavoured Popcorn. USJ was also so generous to give us the Minion Popcorn Bucket (summer version) as souvenirs.

These toilet signs are cuter than cute!

I actually want this Minion water bottle!

Got to try this scrumptious cookie sandwich from “Delicious Me! The Cookie Kitchen”

2:00 pm Minion Water Parade

This parade was a combination of theme park’s usual night parade and water festival in San Juan Metro Manila (haha the reference). If you’re in the area of the parade expect to be showered with water. It was actually fun just don’t forget to bring extra clothes.

3:30pm Minion Mayhem Snow Party

Aside from water, you get to be sprinkled by “snow” at USJ this summer. It’s another fun way to cool down. The kids enjoyed it! They have a special area in the front where they can use their water guns and shoot water at each other while it’s “snowing”.

4:40 pm Despicable Me Minion Mayhem

Sadly I had to miss this ride because I wasn’t feeling well probably because of the heat (not really sure) so a staff assisted me to the staff’s lounge / cafeteria to rest. I got to see the backdoors of USJ (haha).

Such a cute group of friends! This is one of the reasons why I love going to amusement parks in Japan ~ people watching!

6:00pm Wizarding World of Harry Potter

I was feeling a bit better (I actually forced it, the staff wanted to send me back to the hotel to rest some more) so I was able to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It’s still my favourite spot in USJ and I’ll never be tired of coming back. I’ll do a full post about it next time.

Check out my Osaka posts if you want to know more about where to stay, what else to do in Osaka. You can also view my previous post about USJ last winter here.

Follow JTB Philippines on Facebook, TwitterInstagram and Tumblr. For more info, check their website.

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

Ciara
    August 3, 2017 at 1:37 am

BANANABABANANABANANABANANA ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
    Something to look forward to at USJ. Yay!

Katrin Marielle Antonio
    August 3, 2017 at 5:12 am

Amazing Shots indeed Ate Ash, maybe I should add this on my bucketlist ❤️❤️ . I love MINIONS. haha the hamburger, I think I can eat like 3x of that. hahaha

Sarah tirona
    August 3, 2017 at 8:15 am

Omg the minion park wasn’t open pa when I went last year! Time to book another visits hahaaha

@chelleystrip (IG)
    August 3, 2017 at 8:19 am

Haven’t been to USJ. Not a big fan of amusement parks, but I plan to visit one day. I hope they feature Attack on Titan again though. Hahaha! I have to agree on the water bottles being cute – I bought a bumble bee water bottle as pasalubong for my nephew when I went to Universal Studios in SG. ^_^

Milena Harumi
    August 3, 2017 at 9:11 am

Oh my gosh!! Look so funny 😍✨ I really wanna go to Universal in Japan one day!!

Janine
    August 3, 2017 at 9:32 am

Babababababababa—- nananana—– 😀 Super nice shots talaga!

Kaye
    August 3, 2017 at 10:17 am

Love! Minion minon minion! Haha love you! Someday makakapunta din ako haha mwaaa miss u! 😘💛

Mariella
    August 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Ahhhhh minion heaven!!! Super cute!! Love the photos you took while you were there, Ate Ashley! Miss you!

Sharmie
    August 3, 2017 at 3:30 pm

So cute!!! Minion snacks look so delicious! Wanna try them all!

Riz
    August 4, 2017 at 6:48 am

Minion heaven! I want!

Micaela Cruz
    August 4, 2017 at 10:10 am

Yoohoo!! Mata kala poopieee big boss!!

Nicole
    August 4, 2017 at 11:30 am

Ang cute nung omurice na minion 😁 USJ is definitely on my bucket list!

Denise Elazegui
    August 5, 2017 at 1:24 am

Minions!!! I really really like them! They are sooooooo adorable!!