I won’t really explain why am I sad. Everybody gets sad once in a while and that’s fine.
How did I deal with sadness?
- Sleep. You’ll feel more stressed when you lacked sleep. Feeling well-rested is necessary for me to be happy. I’m very conscious with my sleep that I monitor it every night. I have to sleep for at least 8 hours without being disturbed. When I was in Japan last March-May, I wasn’t able to sleep well and I felt like I was going crazy.
- Exercise. This is a challenge for me since I kind of hate sweating but I was getting sick recently so I have to force myself to exercise. This week, my routine is to bike for at least an hour (or more). My top goal is to be healthy and not really to get fit. Don’t get me wrong, I want to be fit and I love people who are fit but if it’s too much pressure, you know me, I won’t do it.
- Blog. As you’ve noticed I’m currently blogging twice / three times a day. It’s my way of relaxing.
- Talking to people about it. I’m good at keeping my emotions so when I can’t keep it any longer, I just burst. Justin was actually very helpful since he really tried his best to keep me sane recently like he took me out to the movies and we dined out. I really appreciate simple things like that.
- Taking a hot bath. Well, I only do this when I’m in Japan but it’s super effective. You know that scene from the movies where the lead girl takes a dip in the tub when she’s sad? That’s what I do. Life imitates art and vice versa.
- Traveling. One sure way to keep me happy.
- Thinking about spring and the essence of cherry blossoms. Life is short, live a beautiful life and get over it.
How about you? How do you deal with sadness?